Covid 19 – Universal Credit Welfare Advice and Support Service
Covid-19 is causing additional financial pressure for many people.
St Petrock’s Welfare Advice Service can provide specialist one-to-one support in setting up and maintaining Universal Credit and other benefit claims.
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, our service can help you with:
– Finding out which benefits you are entitled to
– Completing applications for Universal Credit (and any other relevant benefits)
– Gathering medical and other evidence to support your claim
– Liaising with the DWP and Job Centre
– Managing your Universal Credit account and keeping claims in payment
– Appealing benefits decisions, sanctions and delays
Please email email@example.com to see how we can help (or request a call back via phone).
If you cannot access email or phone, the service can also take referrals and provide advice via other support staff at partner organisations while lockdown restrictions are in place.
Universal Credit Fact Sheet (updated April 20)
Other Useful Links:
Coronavirus and Claiming Benefits: https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/
Coronavirus: Benefits & Homelessness: https://groundswell.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Coronavirus-benefits-and-homelessness-3.4.20.pdf
Check your Benefits Eligibility: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Beginner-s-Guide-to-Benefits/Checking-benefit-entitlement
Apply for Universal Credit: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit