Weekday Rough Sleeper Outreach:
Our rough sleeper support team are out and about around the city centre every weekday morning roughly 8.30am – 11am to talk to you individually about your needs. They can provide you with a food pack and other essentials, give housing and welfare advice, and make specialist follow-up appointments at St Petrock’s centre for further support. You can find out more about their daily route here:
Rough Sleeper Services from St Petrock’s Centre:
If you are currently rough-sleeping, the following services are available on weekdays by appointment from St Petrock’s centre.
- Basic survival services for rough sleepers: clothing; toiletries; sleeping bags & other essentials
- Laundry service
- Collection of post
- Free Internet access
- Advice and referral service: assessments and referrals to partner agencies and accommodation providers, including StP’s Housing projects
- One-to-one, personalised support
- Specialist Universal Credit & benefits advice (see here for details)
- A chiropodist is available on Thursdays, 10am – 12noon (currently suspended due to Covid-19)
- A mental health drop-in service is available Fridays, 10am – 1pm (currently operating remotely – please speak to a member of staff for referral)
To make an appointment, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01392 217550 or speak directly to a member of our team.
Further support during the Covid-19 Crisis:
Please see our Housing Advice page for details of how to explore emergency accommodation options with Exeter City Council during the Covid-19 crisis.
Our Free Food page has details of where you can get free cooked food in the evenings and at the weekends.
Hand-washing and toilet facilities are now available in some public toilets: https://exeter.gov.uk/clean-safe-city/environment/public-toilets