Homelessness is a continued, significant issue in Exeter. St Petrock’s specialist survival, advice and support services are the first ‘port of call’ for many people who are rough-sleeping or vulnerably housed, and a gateway to more settled lives. This autumn, we’re running a Hands For Homelessness campaign to encourage local people to show their support and ‘give a hand’ in making our city somewhere where everyone can benefit from housing, health, inclusion and growth.
(Thank you to Amani Ridd for our logo design!)
CALL TO ACTION:
To ‘give a hand’ and work with us in tackling local homelessness, you can:
- Organise a sponsored event (hand themes optional!)
- Fundraise for us
- Donate directly to our campaign
- Photograph your hands (or your event) to help raise awareness and,
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #handsforhomelessness
By acting as an individual, with friends or family, in your workplace, school, place of worship or community group, we’d love to see the whole community involved.
To set up your own personalised sponsorship page or donate directly to the H4H campaign online, please visit our Virgin Money campaign page: www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/handforhomelessness
If you would like further information, support in setting up your event or to discuss your creative ideas, please do get in touch with Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help you get inspired, each month between September – December we’ll be featuring a different issue to highlight the key needs of rough sleepers we work with.
SEPTEMBER SLEEPING BAG APPEAL:
A huge thank you to everyone who supported our sleeping bag appeal. You’ve helped us collect around 60 new and secondhand sleeping bags to date, plus funds raised to purchase more as needed this winter!
Although September is over, our need for sleeping bags is constant – any donations, or purchases from our Amazon Wishlist will be gratefully received at any time. Thank you very much!
OUT IN OCTOBER:
As autumn draws in, we are looking for warm hats, gloves and men’s jogging trousers to help equip the rough sleepers we work with for the colder, wetter weather.
You can get involved by:
- Dropping off secondhand (clean!) hats, gloves or joggers at our centre: https://bit.ly/31JS0sH
- Purchasing these items from our Amazon Wishlist for delivery straight to us: https://goo.gl/LYDetR
- Donating the cost of these items (or an amount of your choosing) to allow us to purchase autumn/winter wear as needed: https://bit.ly/2YzDkvu
- Fundraise for autumn/winter wear by “lending a hand” and doing a job for a neighbour or friend: https://bit.ly/2YzDkvu