To mark St Petrock’s 25th Anniversary, Linda our kitchen manager, will be sharing 25 of our homeless clients’ favourite meals over the course of 2021.
Food that brings warmth, comfort and a taste of ‘home’ always goes down a treat. We’ll be posting the recipes here so you can try making them at home. Give them a go, make a donation and send us / share a picture of your dish on social media (#stpetrocks25) – we hope you enjoy them as much as our clients do!
- To get us started, a warming winter favourite: Linda’s special chicken curry
2. Just missed Veganaury, but a real treat for the taste buds nevertheless: Veggie & Tofu Stir-Fry.
3. A sweet treat for Valentine’s Day (and a favourite all year round with St Petrock’s clients): Queen of Puddings
4. A warming winter favourite with a hint of spring to come: Linda’s Chickpea, Mushroom & Thyme Pie…
5. A colourful treat to mark International Women’s Day on 8th March: Linda’s Suffragette Key Lime Pie (with purple, white and green!)
6. Old favourites always hit the spot. Linda cooks her Cottage Pie in bulk for our hungry clients – why not make one and freeze one to drop-off to a friend in need, or keep one in the freezer for post-lockdown guests?
7. A topsy-turvy special for April Fool’s Day: Chocolate & Pear Upside Down Pudding. (A potential for charming bank holiday weekend garden guests?)